Easter Egg Raffles
Twenty giant Easter Eggs were placed in venues across Newbury and Thatcham before Easter and were raffled among customers and staff. We’ve collected all the money and are pleased to announce that a grand total of £2,216.66 was donated to our welfare funds. Thank you to everyone who took part either hosting or buying tickets.
Thank you to the following for their continuing support:
- The A team and Start Groups at Newbury College
- The Two Watermills
- Thatcham Football Club
- Dingley Family Centre
- Thatcham Children’s Centre
- Newbury Children’s Centre
- The Six Bells at Beenham
- The Starting Gate, Speen
- Special thanks go to the following venues that each raised £100 or more for their egg:
- English Provender Company
- The Hare & Hounds at Speen
- Sovereign Housing Berkshire House
- The Old London Apprentice
- Jubilee Day Nursery
- The Lamb Inn, Enborne Road
- Ye Olde Red Lion, Chieveley
- Burghfield Sports and Social Club
- The Hatch Gate Inn, Burghfield
- The Lion Pub, Newbury
Extra special thanks and cheers to The White Hart in Thatcham for raising £200 with their egg, but once again our champion Easter egg fundraisers are the customers of The Rampant Cat in Woolton Hill who this year have raised a record sum of £411!!
All the money raised will be held in our Welfare Fund and used throughout the year to help the most vulnerable people in the local community.
Lion Margot Payne presided over her first meeting and one of her first duties was to present a cheque to West Berkshire Homeless charity.
Fancy some fabulous music from Newbury's own Brass Band?
Then come and spend an afternoon at the fete, where you will hear
Watership Brass (The Newbury Town Band)
They will be performing a mixture of good old fashioned brass band music plus modern arrangements of family favourites.
Why not have a cup of tea, a slice of cake, listen and relax!
3rd prize in Speen Fete Raffle!
What a delicious donation. Thank you!
Tweets by LionsNewbury